Thursday, January 12, 2012

Taylor M.

You know that moment when you think everything in life is going amazing then you're at such a low point in life you finally look in the mirror? I was a drug addict to heroine and cocaine at the same time. My ex boyfriend got me into it and we shot up all the time. Sad life really. You sleep, wake up, eat, throw up what you ate, shoot up, then lay around numb. You literally are a walking breathing zombie. No thoughts. No emotion. Just....gone. May 17th i remember the day so clearly. I had gone over to his house and he had gone downtown earlier and gotten us a few ounces of cocaine and twenty shots of heroine. I had shot up with him and did four lines of coke then I had to go to the bathroom. I stayed in that bathroom for two hours and he was so gone that he didn't notice. As I sat there in that bathtub bawling my eyes out I got this random text from this random person. I didn't even recognize the number, but all it said was "Jesus loves you!" I stumbled out of the tub and looked at myself in that single paned glass mirror...what have I done to myself. That moment being able to look at what a mess I was really lowered my thinking and caused me to think about life. I quit the drugs, did some self rehab, and got back on my feet. Really life is sorta a mirror if you think about it. Whatever you do in your life it really reflects on yourself...just make sure you look at the mirror and see what you can change about yourself to be everything that you can to live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave something behind.